Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 02 - The meaning behind your blog name

Dancing Vulpine.
I have several reasons that this name is very special to me. 
For anyone who may not be aware, a fox is a "vulpine." I love foxes. My belly dance stage name is "Raqisa Ta'lab," which translates to "the dancing fox."
My love for foxes is an odd one. Most people see them as sly creatures of deception, ominous, though cute. While I cannot object to that, I also look at them as symbols of femininity. "What? Femininity?" I'm sure there are people making puzzled expressions right now, but I'll explain...
There are many similarities between woman and foxes. Both are born physically weaker than some of their race or species. They make up for it in cunning and style, turning their weaknesses into elegant strengths. On top of that, both can be nearly impossible to tame.

As a symbol of just how much the title means to me, I had one placed on me forever. 

Artwork by Anya, inkwork by Brian of Inner Vision.
And that is the dancing fox.

xoxo,
Cat

1 shimmies:

Wendy said...

Very cool! :-)

Post a Comment